Trend Of Health
This document was last updated on April 6, 2023
How we vet brands and products
We occasionally work with brands and make product recommendations in our content in an effort to assist you in making the best choices for your health and wellbeing.
Our team carefully examines every brand or product we suggest for:
- Medical legitimacy
- Company reputation
- Ethical business conduct
In the end, this screening procedure guarantees that you’ll only see suggestions for goods and businesses we support.
Why we prioritize vetting at Trend Of Health
Our team’s Brand and Content Integrity team has evaluated and given the nod to any recommendations we believe are sound and have been approved by our community.
We want to make a difference in your life and your health, as well as create a benchmark for the medical community.
Our vetting process
Each product or brand we review is vetted using the same scoring system. Here’s what we consider:
- Are any health or medical claims supported by the current body of scientific evidence?
- Does the company promote a healthy approach to well-being without emphasizing or contributing to stereotypes, stigmas, or unhealthy goals and aspirations?
- Does the brand adhere to industry best practices? Are they leading the industry in their business practices?
- Do they have any third-party certifications?
- Has the company been issued a Food and Drug Administration or Federal Trade Commission warning letter? If so, has the issue been resolved?
- Are there any pending lawsuits or previous settlements related to fair employment practices or marketing practices? Are there any pending or previous class-action lawsuits?
- Does the product include an ingredient list? Does it follow current labeling guidelines?
- Does the product’s ingredients or composition have the potential to cause drug interactions, allergic reactions, or harm?
We continually assess each of our partner companies to make sure they still live up to our standards.
We remove items or brands from our material if they no longer adhere to our standards. And if we do share something that didn’t make it through our screening process, we’re honest about it so you can decide for yourself.
Learn more about Trend Of Health’s approach to content integrity, including our high standards for medical accuracy and editorial quality.